A paper clip is an office supply intended for the adhesion of paper through friction. Because it can be used for a number of unintended purposes, it is a favorite item of MacGyver.
Paper clip usesEdit
There are a number of unintended uses for paper clips, such as:
- Picking locks.
- Ejecting CDs or DVDs from certain CD or DVD players or computers when they are powered off.
- Thin ones can also be used to remove the SIM card from an iPhone.
- Can be folded a certain way to become a stand for a cell phone.
- Can be fashioned into tweezers.
- Can be used as a pin.
- One can make sculptures out of them, either by themselves or with other office supplies such as binder clips.
- May be used to pop keys out of certain keyboards to clean them.
- Can replace the tabs on zippers.
- Chain mail can be fashioned from them (it would take a lot of paper clips).
- If the Microsoft paper clip character annoys you, you can relieve the tension by taking it out on a real paper clip.
- Can be used to fashion a noise-making booby trap to alert you that someone is approaching.